Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM)
The Dr. Jeyasekharan Medical Trust School of Nursing was started in the year 2001. The School is recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu for Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery Course. In the year 2002 the annual intake of students was increased from 15 to 20. From the year 2015 onwards the duration of the course is 3 years. On successful completion of the course, a Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM) is awarded by the Government of Tamil Nadu Board for Nursing Education recognized by Tamil Nadu Nursing council and Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi.
The Diploma should be registered in “A” section of The Register of the Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council
Aims and Objectives:
- To train and create nurses of good calibre at the district level.
- To teach and educate the students in the art and skill of nursing.
- To prepare them with knowledge to care for the sick.
- To create good quality, understanding and empathic nurses who can thereby assist doctors to provide wholesome care to patients in any environment.
- To teach values, develop character and prepare them for quality nursing care and dedication to their profession.
- To participate as a member of the health team in delivery of curative, preventive, promotive and rehabilitative healthcare.
- To be committed to train batches of compassionate and dedicated nurses.
Several batches of students have successfully completed their course and are now working in different parts of India and abroad. We now have 3 batches of students. In the first batch one of our students have secured Third Rank in the Board Examination of the State Level.
This course is recognised by Tamil Nadu Government
Duration: 3 years
|I||Paper I- Bio Science (Anatomy and Physiology Microbiology)|
|II||Paper-II- Behavioural Science (Psychology & Sociology).|
|III||Paper-III- Nursing Foundations (Fundamentals of Nursing & First Aid).|
|IV||Paper-IV- Community Health Nursing, (Environments Hygiene, Health Education & Communication skills Nutrition)|
|I||Medical, Surgical Nursing-I|
|II||Medical, Surgical Nursing-II|
|III||Mental Health Nursing|
|IV||Child Health Nursing|
|PART I||Midwifery and Gynaecology Nursing|
|Community Health Nursing-II|
|PART II||Nursing Education|
|Introduction to Research|
|Professional Trends and Adjustment|
|Nursing Administration and Ward Management|
Annual theory and practical examinations will be conducted at the end of each year by the Government Board for Nursing Education.
Eligibility for Admission:
1. Both female and male candidates will be selected for the course
2. Minimum age for admission will be 17 years and the upper age limit is 35 years (as on 31st December of that year).
3. Minimum Eligibility criteria for GNM will be 12th standard pass with 45% in any group.