The Department of Occupational Therapy at Dr.Jeyasekharan Medical Trust was started in the year 2005 for comprehensive and affordable occupational therapy services and then went on to promote cognition and mental health.
What does an Occupational Therapist do?
An Occupational Therapist helps people with disabilities to fulfill their roles and responsibilities through therapeutic methods and approaches.
- To Evaluate & Assess
- To Restore & Rehabilitate
- To Enhance & Maintain the clients’ “Maximum Functional Independence” of daily living and improves mental health and quality of life
Occupational Therapy is the therapeutic use of self care, work, and play activities to increase independent function, enhance development and prevent disability.
Occupational therapists use the term occupation for the tasks & activities that one does in everyday life.
Occupational therapy services are beneficial for underlying conditions.
Mental Health Conditions:
- Alcoholism & Substance abuse
- Mood disorder
- Teen behavioural problems
- Personality Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental Delay
- Mental Retardation
- Attention: Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Learning Disability
- Behavioural & Feeding Disorder
Physical & Neurological Health Conditions:
- Head Injury
- Geriatric Conditions
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Work Related Disorder
We offer special assessments, therapies and programs for toddlers, pre-schoolers, teens, adults and the elderly.
Child Health Assessments:
- SII – Sensory Integrative Inventory
- Sensory Profile
- TVPS – Test of Visual Perceptual Skills
- ETCH – Evaluation Tool of Children’s Handwriting
- GMFM – Gross Motor Function Measure
- ESP – Evaluation of Sensory Processing
- TIE – Touch Inventory for Elementary School Children
Adult Physical Health Assessments:
- FIM – Functional Independent Measure
- LOTCA – Lowenstein Occupational Therapy Cognitive Functions
- RLA – LOCF – Rancho Los Amigos Level of Cognitive Functions
- MMPT – Modified Moberg Pickup Test for Hand Functions
Mental Health Assessments:
- COTES – Comprehensive Occupational Therapy Evaluation Scale
- DASS – Depression Anxiety Stress Scale
- MMSE & M-MMSE
- ACL – Allen Cognitive Level Test
- MAS – Marital Adjustment Scale
- Projective Test
- IDEAS – Indian Disability Evaluation & Assessment Scale
- SIT – Sensory Integration Therapy
- NDT – Neuro Development Therapy
- MOHO – Model of Human Occupational Therapy
- CBAT – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- RXT – Relaxation Therapy
- Group Therapy
- De-addiction program
- Diabetics Stress Relieving Program
- Suicidal Prevention Program
- Geriatric Care Program
- Teen Behavioral Program
- Depression Relieving Program
Please contact the department for more information on the various conditions, therapies and programs.