World Polio DayDecember 3, 2021
World polio day was initiated by Rotary international over a decade ago to commemorate the birth of Jonas Salk who develops a vaccine against poliomyelitis. The day is celebrated every year on 24th October.
Theme for this year is “Delivering on a promise”
World Polio day was observed at Dr.Jeyasekharan hospital on 25.10.2021.Meeting was organized by our Rotaract students, On account of world polio day Poster competition was conducted on 21.10.2021.
- The programme was started with prayer song by rotaract members,
- Edith Samlin welcomed the gathering,
- Jecintha Dharma, The District Governor, delivered the chief guest address,
- Nithya BSc. (N) III year gave a presentation regarding “END POLIO NOW”
- Jeni Padua, The President, Rotary club of Nagercoil, delivered the felicitation speech.
- Dignitaries distributed the prize for the winners.
- Srijith Kumar delivered Vote of Thanks
- Meeting Adjourned
Nearly 50 rotaract students were attended the meeting.