• Phone : +91 (0) 4652 230019/20/21, 233905/6
  • Fax : +91 (0) 4652 230405

Mrs.M.Rani Jeyasekharan 21.12.1927 – 30.07.2017

Posted on by Web Master

Our Co-founder and Director, Mrs.Manohara Rani Jeyasekharan  passed away on 30th July 2017.

Mrs. Manohara Rani Jeyasekharan, the wife of Late Dr.N.D Jeyasekharan was born on 21st December 1927 in Nedugolam. She was the principle figure in aiding Dr.Jeyasekharan in founding Dr.Jeyasekharan Hospital and Nursing Home in 1965. She completed her schooling in Attingal and Scott College, Nagercoil. After which she did her B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Zoology in University College Trivandrum. Upon completing her M.Sc., she taught as assistant professor in WCC Madras for one year and in Scott Christian College Nagercoil. She received a scholarship to study at the prestigious Princeton university in USA but sacrificed that dream to get married. It was this sacrifice that eventually would be a blessing to many in and around Nagercoil.

Dr. Jeyasekharan Hospital and Nursing home was founded by the late Dr.N.D. Jeyasekharan and Mrs. Rani Jeyasekharan in 1965. When they started times were difficult but their confidence, hard work and good will of friends and relatives helped them through.

With great dedication 50 patient’s rooms, operation theatre and labour room and a general ward were built.  Mrs.Jeyasekharan supervised the building up and running of the hospital at every stage.

She held a honorary post of both Dr.Jeyasekharan’s assistant and her job description included house keeping, public relations, construction supervising, purchase, staff welfare, human resource, facility management, nurse, mother and wife. The role played by her as co-founder was intangible but phenomenal.

Mrs.Jeyasekharan was also actively involved in various social organisations such as Inner Wheel club, Maadhar Sangam and YWCA. She was a generous philanthropist who was always providing support and encouragement where needed.

The small hospital that was started 50 years ago has grown into an ISO 9001:2008 Bureau Veritas certified and NABH accredited multi-speciality institution thanks to the dedication and support of the staff and family.