Dr.Jeyasekharan Medical Trust has an Institutional Review Board. It has two committees.
I) Scientific Research Committee (Available only for proposals from Dr.Jeyasekharan Medical Trust):
Members list :
- Chairperson – Dr. Devaprasath Jeyasekharan, M.S.(Gen.Surg.), FAMS (Urology)
- Dr. Sabu Jeyasekharan, M.S. (Gen.Surg.)
- Ranjit Jeyasekharan, M.D. (Gen.Med.)
- Renu Devaprasath, DNB (Anaes.)
- Member Secretary – Dr. Gopal Subramoniam, DNB (Paediatrics)
- Bio-Statistician – Dr. Porchelvan, Sc.(Stat-Loyola), MBA., PGDCA., Ph.D(Medical Stat-ICMR)
- Dr. P. Balavidyasagar, M.S.(Gen.Surg)
- Scott Arockia Singh, M.S., D.N.B.(Gen.Surg)
- S. Nishal Perumal, MD (Anaes.)
- Alex Francisco Nicholas, M.D. (Anaes.)
- Ninoo George, M.D.(Gen.Med.), D.M.(Nephro.)
- Basic Sciences Faculty – S.J.Sushmita Ann, MD.(Pharmacology),
II) Institutional Ethics Committee
- Name : Dr.Jeyasekharan Medical Trust Ethics Committee
- Provisional Registration Number : EC/NEW/INST/2020/860
- Provisionally registered with the National Ethics Committee Registry for Biomedical and Health Research (NECRBHR), Department of Health Research (DHR), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Validity : 15/01/2021 to 14/01/2023
- Members of the Ethics Committee:
- Chairperson – Dr.K.U.Suresh Balan,M.D.(Comm.Med.),DCH. – Non affiliated
- Member Secretary – Dr.Renu Devaprasath, DNB.(Anaes.) – Affiliated
- Basic Medical Scientist – S.J.Sushmita Ann, MD.(Pharmacology)– Non affiliated
- Clinician – Ninoo George,M.D.(Int.Med),D.M.(Nephro) – Affiliated
- Social Scientist – Rev.Onacimus Sahayam– Non affiliated
- Legal Expert – Shahila Pravin– Non affiliated
- Lay Person – Mrs.Sabine Natarajan & Anitha Natarajan – Non affiliated
- Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month.
- Applicants seeking approval / clearance from the Institutional Ethics Committee need to submit their request atleast two weeks prior to the meeting.
- The checklist of the documents to be submitted to the Research Office while submitting the proposal are as follows:
- Request letter for the approval (by the Ethics Committee of JMT) signed by Principal Investigator (or Candidate + Guide) – endorsed by Head of Institution (if proposal is from outside Dr.Jeyasekharan Medical Trust).
- Document showing clearance from the Scientific Research Committee of the parent Institution.
- CV of the Principal Investigator (or Candidate + Guide)
- Hard & soft copy of Protocol. Protocol to include all mandatory documents.
- Title of the Proposal
- Name of Investigator / Guide / Co-Guide / Sponsor etc.
- Qualification of the above
- Review of Literature
- Aims & Objective
- Materials and methods
- Participant proforma for the study
- Conflict of Interest
- Power Point Presentation to convey the essence of the Research Proposal to the members of the Committees (Maximum 12 slides with 5 – 6 lines each only).
- Patient Information brochure in English & Local Language – This should be in layman language.
- Informed Consent document in English & Local Language.
- Anticipated benefit of doing this research for the community.
- Name of journal in which this research is likely to be published.
- No fee is charged for Acadmic Proposals.
- Non academic proposals – fees as appropriate.